About Water Pricing
Water Pricing – 2014-2017
Under the Water Act 2007 (the Water Act) and the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (the CCA), the ACCC has six functions in water:
- enforce water market rules and water charge rules under the Water Act
- enforce the CCA with water brokers, exchanges and irrigation infrastructure operators
- monitor and report on regulated charges and compliance with water market and water charge rules
- determine regulated charges
- provide advice to the Commonwealth minister responsible for water on development of water market rules and water charge rules
- advise the Murray-Darling Basin Authority (MDBA) on the development of water trading rules.
Under the Water charge (infrastructure) rules 2010 (WCIR) the ACCC is the regulator responsible for approving or determining State Water’s regulated charges in the Murray-Darling Basin (MDB) to apply for the period 1 July 2014 to 30 June 2017. State Water’s MDB charges were previously regulated by the NSW Independent Pricing and Regulatory Tribunal (IPART).
Charges for services in State Water’s areas of operation in NSW outside the MDB will continue to be regulated by IPART. Details of IPART’s review process for these areas are available on the IPART website.
ACC Final Decision – Bulk Water Charges 2014-15 to 2016-17 ( Real $2013-14)
|Namoi Valley||High Security ($/ML)||16.22||16.04||16.15||16.26|
|General Security ($/ML)||9.09||7.46||7.51||7.56|
|Usage ($/ML delivered)||19.98||19.37||19.50||19.63|
|Peel Valley||High Security ($/ML)||25.19||27.58||30.34||33.38|
|General Security ($/ML)||2.77||3.03||3.34||3.67|
|Usage ($/ML delivered)||41.61||45.56||50.12||55.13|